I happen to adore tunics. I own many of them in all sorts of different styles - long, short, dress, casual. It seems that with each and every year that passes new ones appear in my closet and yet the older ones never get tossed aside -they really are timeless. The definition of tunic is fairly loose - According to Merriam Webster a tunic is: "a loose piece of clothing usually without sleeves that reaches to the knees and that was worn by men and women in ancient Greece and Rome; a long shirt worn by women that reaches to or just below the hips or a long jacket with a high collar worn by soldiers, police officers, etc."
For this reason there are many styles that can be described as a tunic. Below are 10 reasons we think it is a must for every wardrobe.
1. Tunics are timeless.
2. They are universally flattering. They look well on everyone - whether tall, short, thick or thin. 3. The tunic is versatile as it can be worn alone or over a pair of chic pants, jeans or leggings.
4. Tunics can be dressed up or down and they're available in a multitude of styles to best complement your wardrobe.
5. Whether you're tastes as classic, boho, preppy or urban chic, there's a tunic just for you.
6. Tunics look well on any age group from 20 to 60 and beyond.
7. Tunics transition well from night to day and from season to season.
8. Tunics are forgiving - They won't feel too tight when you've decided to have that tiramisu after your nice dinner out.
9. Because of their versatility and comfort tunics make a great travel garment.
10. Tunics are widely available at every price point.
Shop for tunics at the following stores, Banana Republic, Lilly Pulitzer, Anthropologie, Ann Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, J.mcLaughlin, J Crew and many more.