Celebrating the Scents of the Holiday Season :: 15 Pine scented candles
The smell of pine, balsam, fir - whatever you prefer to call it - is the one that is perhaps most closely linked with the holiday season. It is one that I personally adore. It's scent is one that is immediately calming and soothing. It embodies the holidays and the feelings of nostalgia that accompanies it. It's fresh, clean and crisp scent is a perfect one for the home. I have a pine-scented candle burning when I'm home all season long. Below I have selected 16 pine scented candles of all price points to be enjoyed this holiday season. They make perfect gifts, for the houseguest, hostess, teacher and friend... or simply pick one up to enjoy yourself!
- Diptyque - Le Roi Sapin. A favorite to many from this much favored Paris parfumerie. $70
- Joe Malone - (Pine Eucalyptus) From Paris to London, Joe Malone is a favorite to many. Mixing unique flavors and fragrances to create those that are truly unique. Here the pine is mixed with eucalyptus to create a velvety aroma. $65
- Trader Joe's - (Cedar Balsam) At under $5 this fresh wintery delight is a steal. Load up your cart ASAP!
- Yankee Candle - While many here are too overpowering for me, their pine is delightful and at a wallet-friendly price point. Peel off the label and the simple glass jar looks well anywhere. Yankee is now having a tremendous sale, offering 5 candles for $55.
- Lalique - Luxury. Elegance. Their take on the Aspen air is indeed a splurge at $82, but less than the airfare to get there!
- Lafco - (Tree) These guys are one of my favorites and they make so many wonderful scents. Their jars are divine and I save them for a multiple of uses. $60
- Glade. Don't laugh! I picked one up at the grocery store and I was surprised at the aroma it gave out. However, the wick burns in such a way that the whole candle doesn't melt completely. But with a price tag under $5 this'll tide you over well. Good to keep a few on hand for emergency.
- Linnea's Lights - I find these at Terrain and I adore their clean scents. $34
- Wooden Top Candle, Balsam Needle. Also available at Terrain. $38
- Nest - (Birchwood Pine) You can't go wrong with this company's candles and their pine is no exception. Their beautiful glass jars can be up-cycled when the candle is long gone and make wonderful cocktail glasses! $40
- Williams-Sonoma - Not enough attention is given to these candles. WS fragrances are wonderful and the pine is no exception. On sale now for $31
- Simon Pearce - The glassmaker's take on pine in a jar. No longer available
- Food52 - The candle for the foodie in your life. Vermont Wood in Fir, Pine or Birch. $38
- Tocca - Chamonix. The limited edition candle hails from the beaches of St. Lucia where the company was born in 1994. $45
- Molton Brown - Juniper Berries and Lapp Pine. Another British company beautifully captures the fragrance of the holiday season. $49