Just as the LBD is an essential item for your closet, the LBS is an essential item your swimsuit drawer!
I don't think a girl can have too many Little Black Dresses. And I don't think a girl can have too many Little Black Swimsuits!! As I was rummaging through my swimsuit drawer weeding out some that need to be replaced, I couldn't notice how many of them were black, and each one quite different. Some are more functional while others are more for "sunning" purposes. Like many women, and many my age, I prefer a black suit. I prefer its versatility and I prefer its anonymity. I've never one for bright suits, bold bold patterns as I've never been one to want to draw attention to myself at the beach. I prefer the safety of black. And truth be told I prefer the flattering and forgiving color it is, hiding the odd lumps and bumps that seem to appear mysteriously out of nowhere as we age. I also happen to think the little black suit is elegant, versatile and always flattering.
Below one simple suit in a variety of styles (including some for tummy control!) and price points so that you'll all be sure to hit the beach in style and comfort this summer!
Click on each swimsuit to see larger image.
- Scalloped High Neck from Target
- Piped High Neck One Piece Miraclesuit
- Magic Suit Fringed Ruched One Piece
- Ralph Lauren Tummy Control Halter Top
- Anne Cole Vintage One Piece
- Vince Camuto Polish Chain Halter Top
- Calvin Klein Ruched Tummy Control
- JCrew Underwire Halter Top
- Athleta Strappy One Piece
- Ralph Lauren Ruched Ruffled One Piece